Friday, July 18, 2014

Market Set

Melody Miller Market Set by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday, and we celebrated by spending several days in San Diego with her and my father-in-law. It was a great little vacation -- lots of fun activities and family time. Before we drove down there on Monday, I sewed up a little gift for her.

Melody Miller Market Set by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

I'm a huge fan of anything by Rifle Paper Co., including this adorable shopping list pad which I picked up at Anthropologie. A few prints by Melody Miller, some twill tape and batting, a rubber band, and a wooden button all came together in about an hour to make a simple little carrier that fits nicely inside a purse. I love quick projects like these which can be easily pulled out when I need a nice gift in a hurry.

Happy Birthday, Grandma Mary. We love you!

11 comments:

  1. Really cute little gift, Love San Diego, hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something very similar for my quilting ladies...I made it just a bit deeper in the pocket and threw in a small calculator from the $ store. Made them about 5 years ago and I still see them in their bags sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute ... great design and love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Mini vacations are always fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, this is darling! Such a cute idea. Great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fabulous! All those details add up to a very sweet little gift. I'm glad you all had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a perfect little present!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made perfect use of the print, Heidi! Hope she loved it : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for pointing that out. This is a wonderful gift & love the fabric.firstnightgift is one of the leading site that offers most romantic & memorable gift for her.When it comes to honeymoon gifts, people have a hard time because each one of us would want to gift our partner something that they would always treasure in their hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am still using my Market Set birthday gift. It's really handy. Thanks Heidi! I love you all, too. Grandma Mary

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...